To launch new U.S. hard seltzer brand, Mikes Hard Seltzer, into a crowded UK marketplace.
With big budget competitor brands flooding the market, we needed to act quickly, creatively and cleverly to make an impact.
Our campaign was designed to help build awareness, cement the brand’s cheeky personality amongst the millennial target audience and bring to life it’s ‘Don’t Overthink It’ brand proposition.
Shall I text him back? What if he has bad breath? Where should we go on a first date? What should I wear to meet the parents?
These are just some of the common questions mike’s millennial audience overthink on a regular basis. In fact, this group of people overthinks their love life more than anything else.
This got us thinking. What if Mikes Hard Seltzer could lend a hand in the dating department and stop young brits overthinking matters of the heart? And so our campaign was born. The mike’s Love Advice Hotline.
The core creative featured a live dating hotline manned by the ultimate dating experts and straight-talkers Pete Wicks (Only Way is Essex) & Shaughna Phillips (Love Island) who helped callers with everything love related – from the cute and cuddly to the down-right cringe-worthy dating disasters.
The content series captured the attention and imagination of our audience brilliantly with over 600k organic views and over 60 questions being fired through to our dating experts in just 3 short hours. The resulting content was hilarious. Pete and Shauna bantered for Britain and helped solve love lives across the nation. We also contextualised the campaign with a research-based story revealing just how much the nation overthinks all aspects of their lives, with love and dating coming out on top. This, alongside interviews with our dating experts led to reams of coverage across national and consumer titles – putting the mike’s brand firmly on the hard seltzer map.
- 37 pieces of coverage secured, with 15 nationals including The Sun Online, The Daily Star, The Express and the Mirror Online
- 19 pieces secured in consumer publications including OK! and Heat magazine, perfect for mike’s target audience
- Combined circulation of over 260m and OTS of over 15m
- More than 1.8 million impressions secured from talent social posts
- More than 600k organic views of the content across social channels
- Over 5k organic engagements across social channels