On the podcast this week Creative Moment co-founder Ben Smith talks to Mark Runacus MBE.
Mark talks about role models past and present, discrimination in the workplace and his history at Karmarama.
Here’s what I asked Mark:
- One element of Mark's work with Outvertising is to try and create role models for the LGBTQ+ community. Mark talk's about why role models in adverts are important?
- So when was the first advert that featured a gay man?
- YouGov research in 2015 suggested that half of 18 to 24 year-olds don't identify as 100% straight. Mark talks about how society is changing rapidly.
- What role does advertising play in societal change?
- Mark talks about Outvertising's mentor scheme and how people can get involved with it?
- Mark on the disturbing discrimination statistics of LGBTQ+ people in the workplace.
- Mark talks about his time at Karmarama where he was chief strategy officer when it was bought by Accenture. What was his experience of working as a creative person for a management consultancy business?
- Why does Mark believe that "creatives forgot about the importance of the channel about 25 years ago?"
- Why does Mark's current business Wax On primarily focus on scale-up businesses?